Saturday, February 26, 2011

OTWC Challenge #47

When I was a youngster I talked my mom into painting my room the dark purple, after a couple of years we changed it to the light purple, how ironic for me.

As a challenge to myself, I tried to take ribbon and twist it into a rosette. The new glue gun I had bought stopped working almost immediately after I opened it, so I went a different route. I did try to "punch" the ribbon with a scalloped edge circle that did not cut but gave it a distressed edge after I hand cut it. My new favorite thing is to stamp images on white flowers to fit with the card. I usually use a small heart or something swirly. I decided to use a small circle, not sure if I really like the results, but hey it is done. The journey is really where it is at, right?
















I used Heidi Grace Designs for the sentiment; Sabrina Making Memories Paper Edges; and Making Memories Blossoms/Paper Leaves. The rest is leftover stash items.

3 comments:

  1. i love the flower! what a great idea of stamping on flower! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is sooooo pretty!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your flowers! So light and dainty! Your card is very beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at OTWC and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete