Wednesday, July 6, 2011

OWH MWT Christmas in July

I had a feeling that Christmas would be this week's challenge because of the "Beat the Heat" card drive due at the end of July. Last year I had made some Christmas cards, but never got them mailed in by the deadline because I was quite wrapped up with my dear husband's knee replacement recovery (at the ripe old age of 46). I had mailed them off in late spring because there was room in the box, but now could really use them. I am not quite in the Christmas spirit yet!

I have a wonderful mat stack of Christmas prints from DCWV and decided to make a "sunburst" Christmas card. Do those really go together? I guess in July they do! I did use 1" strips for the cuts which allowed for more prints.

The sentiment is from Hampton Arts-one of the foot-longs. The next one I make will have some twine and maybe a "button".

5 comments:

  1. Pretty! I love all the patterns. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The starburst design is great as a Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the starburst design with the Christmas paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Linda! I love the combination of papers you used here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete