Sunday, January 13, 2013

OWH Sketch #155

Wowzers...what a sketch!  I have to admit it threw me for a loop as I do not have anything but my scissors to cut an oval with. Putting my brain on overload I finally decided to use a print for the oval.  My goal for the month of January is to use only scraps (except good ole cardstock when needed) for all my cards.  I want to see what a dent I can make in the piles.  I dug around and found this car paper which has also befuddled me for possible uses.  The sentiment is computer generated and the brad is by Teresa Collins.

11 comments:

  1. So cute, and so simple - I love the cars and checkered flag brad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job cutting those ovals by hand! Nicely done. The checkered brad really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a cute card. Love the car paper and you did a fantastic job cutting your ovals by hand. Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job Linda. You deserve extra credit for cutting the oval by hand! I think I still have some of that same car paper in my stash and it has always stumped me too... I may have even finally decided to trash it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire you using up your scraps. I think I am going to give up and trash some and donate the larger papers to the school. As to your card -- it is really cute -- I can't believe you cut the ovals by hand -- my hat is off to you!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love the mix of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I never would have known you were stumped because your card is just perfect. I couldn't think of a way to make the oval work with patterned paper (which has taken over my craft room ). The car paper is so cute and the saying is awesome. I've saved your card to my OWH sketch file so I can use it as inspiration to use up all my paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did an amazing job cutting the ovals. I love the car paper and the checkered flag brad! So cute.

      Delete
  8. Great job, especially on cutting the oval by hand! I wouldn't have even tried. The car paper is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your card and idea to use up old scraps! Using the black background really made the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete