Sunday, March 3, 2013

S2T: Kids Cards

Kathryn B was hosting a Kids Card Kit swap at Scrap To Treasure and somehow I missed signing up. Well, to my surprise and delight, I received 5 kits in the mail Friday courtesy of Kathryn...how sweet! It has been a super long time since I had participated in a card class and had someone else picking the materials for me. It took a slight mental adjustment on my part.

I made 9 cards out of 6 kits...I had a few slip ups along the way. That is why the dragon image is outlined in orange (to hide my mistake). What did I love about the kits the most? None of the images were ones I already had and all of them took me out of my comfort zone!  Special thanks to the creators (Jen, Julie, Mary, Beth, Ann, and Kathryn) for the kits!

Julie's Kit


Julie's Kit
















Kathryn's Kit





















Jen's Kit

















Jen's Kit





















Ann's Kit



 
Beth's Kit



Beth's Kit


Mary's Kit







4 comments:

  1. I love seeing these because everyone interprets the same objects so differently!!! These are all great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in case anyone's wondering how these extras materialized, we didn't have enough people send in kits so that each person would receive 6 unique kits in return. I decided to make another set of kits from my materials so the participants would get 6 different kits. That left me with one of each kit left over, so I decided to RAK them to someone who wished they'd participated. You've made excellent use of them, Linda. I wouldn't even know the orange outline around the dragon was a mistake; I think it's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Linda! Everyone's creations help me think outside the box of my usual cardmaking technique ~
    And thank you Kathryn for making extra kits so we'd have 6 different ones to work with - very kind!
    I'm so happy to be in a group with such creative & kind individuals :)
    Mary, Wausau WI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh , such fabulous cards. I really like the dragon card, very vivid, the colors just draw you in! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete